Thursday, August 22, 2013

Aubry's Hope Chest

It was about 2 years ago when a storm blew through and knocked down a huge oak tree in our back woods.  It was a massive tree.  Our neighbor is an extremely talented woodworker and I asked him if he could make Aubry an old fashioned hope chest from the wood.  He was glad to do it.  (He had spied the downed tree and wanted the wood.)  I showed him a picture of a style I liked and gave him dimension.  THIS is the end product.  Isn't it beautiful?  What a wonderful little treasure for my sweet girl.  As you can see, we've already started filling it with items for her future.

Look at the dovetail detail!  Gorgeous!
And the leg shape! 
What a precious heirloom.

And just a side note....I asked Logan if he wanted anything made from the tree, but he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Stinkers

Todd was out taking care of our chickens when along came a momma skunk and her 6 babies!  Notice the tails sticking up in the top photo.