Thursday, March 29, 2012

Winter Quilt


I always thought I would eventually gravitate to making quilts.  I love playing with color and pattern.  At the library, I found a quilt magazine with an unusual quilt on the front.  I scanned over the article and decided it was worth the 10 cents the magazine cost.  I have many, MANY fabric scraps and wanted to use them in a meaningful way.  So I got busy cutting out blocks.  I worked on cutting them out over a weekend and started sewing them together.  I had all the blocks completed and all sewn together by the end of the next week.  Then I started quilting.  I hand quilted the center and machine stitched around the edge.  It was my first attempt at machine quilting and MAN it was fun!  This quilt measures 86"x86". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Stinkers

Todd was out taking care of our chickens when along came a momma skunk and her 6 babies!  Notice the tails sticking up in the top photo.