Sunday, March 13, 2011

Arts and Crafts

Aubry has been wanting me to teach her how to crochet but it's been a very long time since I used a hook. We found this cute little bear pattern (freebie flyer at Hobby Lobby) and it was shown made in regular yarn. Well, I had to make it a bit of a challenge and decided to use tatting yarn. And you know what? Sometimes I amaze myself. HA It turned out so cute and it didn't take very long to make it.















This horse was Aubry's idea. She drew out the pattern and I had her do the swirls on the mane and tail on her sewing machine. Didn't she do a beautiful job?
THIS was a school project. We have been studying living things and we came to plants. I told her to create some sort of artsy plant thing and she did this 3-D apple blossom. The girl KILLS me. I love her talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Stinkers

Todd was out taking care of our chickens when along came a momma skunk and her 6 babies!  Notice the tails sticking up in the top photo.